SFUFF 2018 Accepting Submissions!
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
New for 2018 – We are accepting submissions!
Do you have a film that addresses urban issues?
Shorts or feature length, documentary or narrative, single or episodic pieces – we are open to any format. In the past, shorts and documentaries constitute approximately 75% of our programming, but we’ve also included experimental essay films, big budget features, and live performers, as long as it fits into our overall program themes.
A non-exhaustive list of topics we are thinking about this year:
- Public Spaces
- Asian American and Native American experiences of the city
- New business models for the city: co-ops land trusts, community benefit districts
- Smart Cities
We are open to subjects outside this list, so if you have a film that seems appropriate, please feel free to submit. We aim to amplify often unheard voices, and encourage directors with diverse identities, backgrounds and experiences to submit.
- We are only accepting submissions through Film Freeway. Please go here to enter.
- Entry is Free!
- Submissions should be made digitally in one of the following formats: MOV, H264, QT, WMV, MP4. If these formats are not available, please submit a link to the film on vimeo or youtube with any applicable passwords. DVD and VHS copies will NOT be accepted.
- We have no limits on the year of completion.
Submissions Open: May 1
Deadline: May 31
Notification Date: July 31
RULES & REVIEW POLICIES
- Films are viewed and rated by at least 2 programmers before moving on to the next stage of judging.
- Programming committee is made up of urban planners, filmmakers, community activists, and scholars.
- Films are judged on quality, programming fit, and unique voices.
- Decisions are final and feedback for submissions is not currently available.
- Entrant confirms they have required legal authority to submit and to use all the music, images, and content of the entry.
- Festival reserves the right to utilize publicity materials (stills, descriptions, posters) of accepted films in promoting the festival.